Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Above BSG.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #12
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: retiredteach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PMCL for mercury is 0.002 mg/L. The results for the last two samples collected from the Big Stone Gap WTP are less than 0.0002 mg/L mercury in each sample. [Sample # 1443481 collected on April 9, 2007 and #1580832 collected on April 1, 2008.] The water produced meets the federal standards for mercury in drinking water. </div></div>

    I wouldn't get excited about 2 parts per billion mercury. Didn't see the report, but I wonder who recommended we shouldn't eat the fish?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Is it a part of the Clinch or connect with the Clinch?

    I've heard that for as long as I can remember about the Clinch.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    No its not connected to the Clinch. Its the BSG reservoir. The Clinch had a poisoning in 77 that killed a ton of fish. They don't recommend you eating carp though from the Clinch because of some small counts of mercury. The Holston is worse than the Clinch for mercury.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #15
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    The note I posted was an email that was generated from the Dept. of Health. This is all I know. Doesn't sound too bad, but the Dept. of Health must issue these warnings.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  6. #16
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Be right back...gonna go get me a refill of BSG water.

    Let's remember, the media have folks out trying to drum up a story that bests their competition. They find this little innocuous report, know nothing about it, and it becomes fodder, or sensationalism, to them because hey, this fish are lethal...should the public ever become informed...

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    I live in BSG and always buy water from Food City. When I first moved here, I tried it and it seemed to have a weird after taste.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #18
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    I know that taste well,, I visit in BSG frequently, a water filter seems to have helped some,,,

  9. #19
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    Its called city water. That stuff is never very good no matter where you go.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #20
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fish in Big Cherry contaminated

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Sage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know that taste well,, I visit in BSG frequently, a water filter seems to have helped some,,, </div></div>

    Run the water through some charcoal, get all the chlorine out...not too bad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •